As we weather through the remaining warmer days of summer, there is no better way to cool down than with a cold, refreshing smoothie! Smoothies are also a great way to incorporate more fruits and vegetables into your every day diet. The following recipe incorporates one of our favorite fruits, peaches! We recommend enjoying your smoothie outside to soak up some vitamin D!
Peach Smoothie (1)
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 0 minutes
Servings: 1 smoothie (about 14 ounces)
· ¾ cup unsweetened almond milk or your milk of choice
· ¼ cup nonfat Greek yogurt or vanilla yogurt
· 1 large peach
· ¼ cup frozen banana slices
· ½ tablespoon honey
· ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
· ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
· Pinch ground ginger
1. Place all ingredients into a high-powered blender and blend until smooth.
2. Taste and add additional honey if you’d like the smoothie sweeter. If you’d like it thicker, blend in a few ice cubes.
Calories: 173 kcal
Fat: 3 g
Saturated fat: 1g
Vitamin A: 377 IU
Vitamin C: 11mg
Iron: 1 mg
Peaches are packed with many vitamin, minerals, and beneficial plant compounds. They also contain antioxidants, which protect our bodies from oxidative damage, or free radicals. The fresh and riper the peach is, the more antioxidants it contains. Peaches also contain both soluble and insoluble fiber, which are beneficial to gut health.2
1. Clarke E. Peach Smoothie. 2021; https://www.wellplated.com/peach-smoothie/. Accessed July 8, 2021.
2. Petre A. 10 Surprising Health Benefits and Uses of Peaches. 2019; https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/peach-fruit-benefits. Accessed July 8, 2021.