A HEART-felt "Love you Berry much!"
Valentine’s day is a day that consists of love, appreciation, and friendship towards partners, family, and friends. This day is celebrated by giving gifts, flowers, letters, or cards, and let’s not forget about all the delicious valentine’s day treats!
As Valentine’s Day is just right around the corner, we find that candy, desserts, and sweets are everywhere, and many may wonder how they can enjoy all the valentine’s day treats but in a healthier way!
Here is a super easy recipe to share and enjoy with your loved ones on Valentine’s Day!
Yogurt Covered Strawberries
Prep time: 10 minutes
Additional time: 40 min to 1 hour
Total time: 1 hour 10 minutes
10 ounces of vanilla or strawberry Greek yogurt (Oikos or Two Good are low- sugar & and low-fat options)
Food coloring of choice
1. Wash and dry the strawberries. Make sure they are dry before dipping them in the yogurt.
2. Place a piece of parchment paper on a plate or cutting board.
3. Place the yogurt in a small bowl and dip each strawberry into the yogurt. Swirl it around to cover the strawberry but leave a little red at the top.
4. After dipping the strawberry in the yogurt, place it on the parchment paper. Once all the strawberries have been dipped, place them in the freezer for 15 to 20 minutes.
5. Dip the strawberries a second time in the yogurt. If using food coloring, add a drop of food coloring to the yogurt and still till combined, and keep doing the same until the desired color is reached. Then dip the strawberries in the yogurt once again.
6. Place the strawberries back in the freezer for 40 minutes to 1 hour. Important: The frozen yogurt will begin to melt when removed from the freezer, so only pull them out when ready to serve them.
Serving size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 24, Total Fat: 0g, Saturated fat: 0g, trans fat: 0g, Unsaturated fat: 0g, Cholesterol: 1mg, Sodium: 8mg, Carbohydrates: 4g, Fiber: 0g, Sugar: 3g, Protein: 2g
Recipe adapted from “this healthy table” https://thishealthytable.com/blog/yogurt-covered-strawberries/